Saturday, February 21, 2009

Asking for prayers

Hi everyone, I know that this does not directly pertain to my internship but I thought that this is just one way to get more people's attention. My family in Goshen is having some troubles now and I would like to ask everyone to pray for them. Especially their daughter Amber. I know many of you have heard me talk about her. She was pregnant, supposed to be due next month with her first child, and the family's first grandbaby. Today, well yesterday since its now past midnight, she fell on the ice and broke her ankle in three places. At the emergency room they decided she needed to have surgery right away. But she was pregnant so how were they going to anesthize her. They decided on an epidural and when they gave it to her both her and baby started to crash. We almost lost both of them there. The doctors did an emergency c-section and found that the baby's placenta had pulled away and they didn't know how long the baby had been without oxygen. Amber is stable now, but when baby came out they thought he was having seizures. He has been rushed to South Bend where they are going to do brain scans on him. I am not sure what else has happened since I last spoke with my family, but I am worried and upset that I can't be there for them. Please please please pray for Amber and her baby.

1 comment: