Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm getting pretty much

to the point of not wanting to be here anymore. I mean come on, how much is one person supposed to be subjected to. I know I am here for the experience and let me tell you, it is definitely been an experience. I am ready to put my stuff in my car and just drive home. I have come to the conclusion that I can't trust my mentor, that she says one thing and then changes it. I can't put up with that anymore. I really can't.

How many people have been offered a job, told that they would be paid for something and then have it taken away from them in less than 12 hours? Seriously... I mean, geez! Okay, so my mentor has absolutely no faith in me is what I have come to believe. She offers me a paid job interpreting for BIS, but then decides to have one of her staff members take the day off and take the job. She sends me to interpret an on the job training assignment. And sure I would've probably been less hurt if the person who took this away from me was certified, but she's not. Maybe I would have been less hurt if this was the first time my mentor has turned her words around. Maybe not.

I don't know what will happen. I try to tell myself that things will get better. I really do. Honest! I keep repeating to myself, tomorrow will be a better day. I hate the fact that I am having a horrible time here. There is so much greatness in this city that I can be enjoying. There really are some great opportunities here and I am praying that tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angie, you're not alone in your frustration!! I've got crap happening here too. It sucks when they have no faith in your abilities and aren't friendly people!!
    Hang in there!! We all know you're awesome and talented and you can make it through 10 weeks! I mean come on, you made it through 3 years putting up with us, you can do anything now!! :)

    ReplyDelete