Friday, February 13, 2009

Running on auto pilot

So I had the opportunity to work with a different person for a couple of days. And it was a blast, she had so much information and advice and didnt' mind answering any of my questions. I really enjoyed working with her. I get to work with her a couple of more times then my mentor said no more. She won't allow it. She says she needs me and can't spare me. I don't understand her, she has another intern which she is supposed to devote her afternoons to. So doesn't that mean that she could spare me in the afternoons as well? Since it would not be fair for her to have to divide her attention to two people at the same time? Instead of calling Julie, instead of saying anything to my mentor at all I have just decided to keep going, keep on going through the motions. Eventually something will give, right?

I keep telling myself I will get to go home soon. I mean geez, 3 weeks are done and apparently it is getting better for me. I mean I am finally doing hands in the air interpreting, I did get some money coming in so I don't have to worry too much about my bills, I've lost 7 pounds since I've been here, I am starting to make friends, I found a place to do kickboxing and if I ever get bored, there seems to be something I could go and do everyday here. Gotta love the big cities!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I'm glad that you are sticking it out and not giving up. Its good to hear that things are improving (if only a little). Talk to ya later! :)

    ReplyDelete